A clear statement and call to action!
Redefining marriage to accommodate homosexual partnerships is a grave assault upon the structure of society. It is an ill-conceived attempt at social reengineering that makes a mockery of the natural compatibility of man and woman, and of the essential need of children for both father and mother. (1) These fundamental pillars of society must be preserved, not abandoned.
Same-sex “marriage” uproots freedom of religion, freedom of conscience and freedom of speech wherever it goes, by declaring all moral opposition to be illegal “discrimination”. The intention is clearly to silence debate, force compliance, and institutionalize homosexuality as a positive lifestyle choice for our children. This agenda is coming into our schools, our businesses, and our laws. Christians who refuse to compromise their convictions are the target of this coercion, and we have been slow to catch on to this. This will break our country. (2)
Our nation came into this world acknowledging God as Creator and the source of the Laws of Nature. Our Declaration also acknowledged something called self-evident truth. Marriage is intrinsically between one man and one woman. This is a self-evident truth, as recognized by almost all of human civilization until recently. Superficial redefinition is a “mirage,” a counterfeit, a lie that cannot change the truth.
Healthy marriages are foundational to healthy societies. Our society’s foundations are crumbling enough already because the marriage vow has too often been regarded as a mere suggestion in recent decades. If we want a better society we must save marriage – not distort it.
Marriage is a truth worth fighting for, a hill worth dying on. The soul of our country is at stake. Our children and grandchildren will directly inherit the results of this conflict. They will reap what we sow, either of our courage to preserve marriage or of our cowardice to capitulate the sacred institution. As Edmund Burke urged, “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” If we love God and people, it is time to stand up and take decisive action. (See Action Steps Below)
That we are even having this conversation about redefining marriage is a sign of cultural absurdity, and it is a sign of societal demise that many are actually welcoming – or timidly caving in to - this travesty. No human being, nor human institution, can redefine what God has already defined.
Affirming all of the above is the truth that homosexuality is immorality that will be judged by God. Hope is available for every soul that may struggle with this sin: Jesus Christ saves sinners. As 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 says, “9 Don’t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be deceived: No sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, or anyone practicing homosexuality,[a] 10 no thieves, greedy people, drunkards, verbally abusive people, or swindlers will inherit God’s kingdom. 11 And some of you used to be like this. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.” (Footnote [a] means, Literally, passive homosexual partners, active homosexual partners.) (HCSB)
America, have you read Romans 1 lately? According to Romans 1, here’s why this is happening:“18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness … 21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened . . .25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie … 26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.” (NIV)
1. Genesis 1:27-28a says, “27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply …”
2. Please take the time to watch the jolting 28 minute video on YouTube, “What ‘gay marriage’ did to Massachusetts”, by Mass Resistance. It leaves little doubt about this matter’s urgency.
ACTION STEPS INCLUDE:
1) Become well informed about what you need to know in order to take an effective stand (go to www.concernedchristiancitizens.org, for more information and resources);
2) Read and sign the Marriage Pledge found at www.defendmarriage.org;
3) Obtain a copy of the 2-hour documentary, Light Wins: How to Overcome the Criminalization of Christianity, to educate, equip and encourage on this issue (go to www.lightwinsthemovie.com);
4) Contact your local, state and national representatives to urge them to defend marriage between one man and one woman, and to defend the religious liberties of those holding this conviction. Be sure they know you will vote according to your conscience at election time;
4) Be a catalyst by sharing this with your family, a friend, your church, and those within your sphere of influence who may need it, encouraging them to take the same actions;
5) We must always speak the truth in love as Christians, with the bedrock understanding that the greatest need of all people is a right relationship with God through His Son, Jesus Christ. He died on the cross and rose again for sinners, and He alone can reach those who do not yet know Him as Savior and Lord! God can and does change the human heart; so those of us who are passionate about the truth must first and foremost depend on Him, and express that sole dependence upon God by praying – individually and together – like never before: James 5:16b – “The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” (NIV)
“It is the truth which is assailed in any age which tests our fidelity . . . . If I profess with the loudest voice and clearest exposition every portion of the truth of God except precisely that point which the world and the devil are at that moment attacking, I am not confessing Christ, however boldly I may be professing Christianity. Where the battle rages, there the loyalty of the soldier is proven, and to be steady on all the battle fronts besides is mere flight and disgrace if he flinches at that point.”
- Elizabeth Rundle Charles, as quoted by David Platt in "A Compassionate Call to Counter Culture in a World of Abortion"